Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Cards




Yesterday, the Hero Arts order came in! Yeah!!! So, I finally got it all sorted and today I was able to sit down and play!

I started with the saying stamp set, "Truly Appreciated". I was so waiting for this set to come in because the sayings are a nice size and a bit long. I knew I needed something longer to fit in those great Tim Holtz labels dies. And I really liked the way they worked inside them.

I used the new Hero Arts envelope pattern background stamp and two Impression Obsession background stamps for the base of these cards. I then used the same ink color to edge the die cuts after I embossed them with the Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder. And then I edged the die cut with a gold or silver Krylon pen. I really liked how that pen made the label pop.

To finish the cards off, I added a butterfly or dragon fly that was colored with Copics and accented with stickles.


These two cards were also made with an Impression Obsession background stamp, stamped several times on different colored card stock. It was then pieced together to make a bold background. Again, I used a saying stamped on a die cut (used Nellie Snellen multi-frame dies)
and added a few pearls and string as accent.


Here's the stamp set. Not only are the sayings so nice, but it comes with a few accent flowers and leaves. These sayings help you make quick cards. You only need a bit of decoration around the sayings and you're done. I think this will become one of my favorite saying sets.

Stay tuned for tomorrow, as I'm hoping to get one or two more cards done for you.

Thanks for stopping by,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment