Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Clean & Simple Butterfly Card

I just can't stop making these "chip board like" embellishments that Jennifer McGuire showed us in class.  They are so much fun, easy to make and they look so "cool" on your card; and for those of you who have a Cricuit machine, or a Silhouette or a Pazzles, it is even easier for you since you can cut multiple images at one time!

Here's a tip for those of you who don't have any machine:  find a PUNCH you like and punch out several images and layer them.  You will get the same effect!

For this card, I used the Cheery Lynn butterflies set DL112 and the matching "angel wings" set, DL112A.  I cut several butterflies in white, one in black and one angel wing in red.

 I adhered it to white card stock that was stamped with the saying "May your dreams take flight", added a few peel off red gems and layered it onto a Bar4 size black card.

I have seen this layout on so many simple but elegant cards in TJ Max.  That's right, TJ Max!  TJ Max  sells pretty note cards and this is a classic layout!  Now is the time to start using this layout and make a bunch of note cards.  Won't this make a great gift? 

After I completed the card, I stepped back and thought that the plain white card stock was just a little too plain for me.  I know, I know, it is supposed to be Clean & Simple.  But you know me! 

I therefore went a step further...................

and used the Swiss dots embossing folder to texture the white card stock, leaving a space for the saying.  I also used my Scor-it to score the lines to make a finished border for the space for the saying.

Basically, the same layout, just a little texture added for some interest.

So, get those punches and dies out and start cutting some images and have some fun!!!
Please post your cards on our Facebook wall................everyone would love to see what YOU have created!!!

     Thanks!
        and
Happy Stamping,
     ~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment