Thursday, July 19, 2012

Stretch the Use of Your Dies

I love it when you can use your tools and stamps more than one way!  Here is a very creative example of how Dina Kowal, Impression Obsession's Design Team Member used the popular fence die from I/O in non traditional ways!

First, she turned the fence upside down.   This gives you a plain picket fence as opposed to the fancy one seen below:

Next she made the flowers for the tree by using the top pickets of the fence and rolled it around a small stylus.  Check out her tutorial HERE!

I also love how Dina used the negative of the tree die!  Simply gorgeous!!! 

Start looking at your dies differently. 
I just thought of something you can try ----- place the fence on it's side and weave ribbon through it.  It will make a great embellishment for you work.

Why not post a comment telling us your fabulous idea, or post a picture of your card on our Facebook page?  All of us would love to hear from you!

And just to let you know........the fence and tree dies are in stock!  Let me know if you want one!!!

Thanks for "stamping" by,
          ~Anna

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Anna - thanks for the shout-out!!

    I love the fence die for weaving ribbon - I did it on one of the cards in this post, if you'd like to share it with your customers:

    http://mamadinis.blogspot.com/2012/05/dt-thursday-house-die-out-of-box.html

    There are so many uses for the House die too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking out my blog, Dina! I LOVE your art work and follow your blog by e-mail. Your work is lovely and you have great ideas and tips! Also, Congrats on your new line with Impression Obsession!

      Delete