Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I can't believe that it is 2013.......all I can say is wow!  I remember when my dad told me when the world will celebrate the year 2000, there will be a huge party.  I asked why and he explained that it will no longer be 1900's.  As a kid, I just shrugged.  So, he suggested, "Why don't you figure out how old you will be in 2000".  And so I figured it out and nearly had a heart attack when I realized that I would be 45!!!  And now, here we are in 2013...........boy oh boy, how quickly time flies!

Which brings me to the fact that tomorrow is the first Saturday of the month.  And we know what that means; it's Make and Take Day!  I created a great little card for tomorrow using acetate, some Hero Arts printed paper and some punches!  Last month Shari Carroll created a great card and a video and I used her ideas to come up with this little gem!

I used an Impression Obsession flourish stamp and white Stazon ink to stamp the acetate.  I layered it onto the wonderful Hero Arts paper (from the Little Black Dress paper pad) and used punches to decorate the card with butterflies and flowers.  The finishing touches was with the Black Pearl Pen by Viva Decor and some stickles.

Here is a close up.  It was difficult to photograph this, since the flash would reflect on the acetate.  (And I don't have a place outdoors to photograph since there is still so much snow out there!)  I have to say that the card looks so much better in real life.

I am also excited to let you know that the new Hero Arts catalog is out and you can see it first hand at the Creative Corner!  Stop by and check it out and order some of their new goodies!!!  It will truly inspire you and get your creative mojo going!!!

Therefore, start off the new year with some fun and creativity and join us for this fabulous Make and Take!
Looking forward to seeing you!
            ~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment