Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Elegant Chantilly Bow

Happy Holiday Weekend!

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend.  I celebrated the 4th by setting aside some time for myself to play with the chantilly bow die from Tattered Lace.  I have been wanting to create with this die for quite some time but time seems to keep getting away from me!

I had a layout in mind and even the color scheme of white on white with teal as the accent.  Teal is becoming my new go to color this summer.  I even picked up a few new kitchen towels with teal in them!  I think because it reminds me so much of the beautiful Caribbean sea and how much I love sitting on my favorite beach in Barbados and taking in the stunning scenery.  I am so grateful that I was there just a few months ago for Maria and Gary's wedding.  So many wonderful memories and..........dreaming of my next visit.

OK, now back to reality and my card ------

I cut the pretty bow die twice - once in teal (Hero Arts pool card stock set) and once in white.   I cut the white bow in order to layer it differently underneath the teal one.  I also used the new 5 X 7 embossing folder (delicate hearts).  I picked a white rose that I had already made previously and added it to the center of the bow.  I am so pleased with the outcome. It is so pretty and really can be used for so many occasions.  And it was a QUICK card!  I only fussed with the bow - curling it a bit and raising it when adhered it to the card.  The finishing touch was made with a Viva Decor pearl pen.

Here is a side view so that you can see the layers, depth and detail of this card ---


Now, onto my next creation.  Well, actually, it's off to work soon!  But, hopefully I will have some more time this week to create some new cards for your inspiration.

Supplies used:
Stamp:  Hero Arts
Dies: Tattered Lace chantilly bow, Cheery Lynn cuties 2
Embossing folder:  Delicate hearts
Ink:  Brilliance pearlescent jade
Other:  Viva Decor pearl pen


Thanks so much for "stamping" by
    and have a wonderful Sunday!
                    ~Anna

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful. Do you sell this design? I love old vintage designs.

    ReplyDelete